Molecular formula: BaSO4
HS code: 2511100
CAS No.: 13462-86-7
EINECS No: 236-664-5
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET:
|Specific Gravity (g/cm3)||4.3||4.3||3.5||4.3|
|Oil Absorption (g/100g)||12 - 14||11 - 13||10 - 12||12 - 14|
|PH Value||7 ± 0.5||7 ± 0.5||7 ± 0.5||7 ± 0.5|
|Water Soluble Matters (%)||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2|
Barium Sulfate (or Sulphate) is the inorganic compound with the chemical formula BaSO4. It is a white crystalline solid that is odorless and insoluble in water. It occurs as the mineral barite, which is the main commercial source of barium and materials. The white opaque appearance and its high density are exploited in its main applications.
1. Powder coating: Barium Sulfate as a filler is better than other filling materials. Especially for the coating of chemical resistance. It is insoluble in water, acid, alkali and organic solvent. It has an excellent gloss, high fineness of particles, can improve its fluidity, filling and compatibility with different kinds of pigments. It makes surface hardness is increased and color stability.
2. Plastics: Excellent hiding power. Outstanding mechanical characteristics and wears resistance. Non qualitative white powder. Non toxic, not soluble in water, soluble in smoking sulfuric Acid, slightly soluble in boiling hydrochloric Acid. Chemical property is stable, it'll reduce to Barium Sulfide when heat with carbon. As a stable chemical filler, it can enhance the strength, weatherability and gloss of plastic products
Barium sulfate is commonly used as a filler for plastics to increase the density of the polymer in vibrational mass damping applications. It has an effect of increasing acid and alkali resistance and opacity. Such composites are also used as X-ray shielding materials due to their enhanced radiopacity. Composites with high mass fraction (70–80%) of barium sulfate perform better than commonly used steel shields.
3. Rubber: Increasing aging resistance and weather resistance, improving the surface finish and hardness. Improve the strength and geometrical stability of products. Enhance rigidity, hardness and abrasive resistance of rubber grade products.
4. Paint: In the paint industry, barite sulfate use as the filler and increase film thickness, strength and durability. Barite for paint industry requires sufficient fineness and high whiteness. It has high whiteness and dirt pick-up resistance. Increasing coating color solids when the specific gravity of Barium Sulfate is higher.
I) Lacquer and thick slurry coating
The high filling properties of Barium Sulfate can be applied to all coating series, such as all types of primer, thick slurry coating, etc., with low surface area and particle size division and mobility, which make barite powder with low wear resistance during processing. Barium sulfate is recommended for automatic primer surface layer, even when high filling is also maintained. Good uniformity and smoothness.
II) Surface Finish
Barium Sulfate is superior to most other filler, especially in chemical resistant coating. Its inertness, insoluble in water, acid, alkali and organic intermediation. Excellent gloss and fineness of particles enable the topcoat to be protected during long-term exposure. Barium Sulfate is recommended for topcoat, which can increase surface hardness, color and stability.
III) Emulsion Paint
Barium Sulfate can only be used for latex paint because of its weight. It is mainly used for high gloss and silk varnish, and has the title of "acid resistant" emulsion paint. It has acid resistance even when exposed. The dispersibility of Barium Sulfate, its optically active and easy retention can increase its chemical properties. Barium Sulfate can be used for high gloss and latex paints.
5) lnk: In lnk industry, it has a low abrasiveness, high gloss, color stability, and low condensation and combined with its mobility make Barium Sulfate suitable for high quality printing inks. Barium Sulfate is recommended for high rotation ink.
Factory standard: 25kg/bag, plastic woven bag with lining.
24MT/20'GP Container for Barium Sulfate